Many business owners are afraid of losing the clients they already have when the future of their business seems uncertain. They can also be stumped when it comes to getting new clients.
In uncertain times many marketers focus on the latest online tactics to acquire new business. While marketing tactics are super important, there’s usually a bigger underlying issue going on.
Before we go there, ask yourself:
• How many articles have you read about marketing?
• How many programs have you taken to try to turn your business around?
• Are you trying to learn the latest new platform? • Are you setting up a blogs or a podcasts trying to reach more people?
These things can work, but if you’re missing the marketing mindset piece, none of the marketing tactics are going to get you the results.
The good news is if you’ve spent any time studying up on marketing, I’m sure you know more than you think you do.
The bad news is until you fix your mindset problem, (or your thoughts around marketing), none of the marketing tactics are going to work.
So let me explain what I mean about marketing mindset. What I’m talking about are the kinds of thoughts you’re having about your current situation and how that applies to your business.
• Are you worried that you’re losing money or are going to lose money?
• Are you concerned that you’re going to lose clients or can’t get new ones?
• Are you in a place of procrastination, feeling like you’re spinning your wheels, waiting for the outside world to give you an indicator of what to do next?
These are the types of thoughts that I’m talking about. This is your marketing mindset.
Until you shift your ideas to thoughts of possibility, the marketing tactics are not going to support you. Open yourself up to the idea that uncertainty can be a good thing.
When people are forced to shift their lives in times of crisis, they need your help even more. It makes them think about what’s truly important to them. That’s when they’re ready to stop riding the fence.
They are and will continue to look for people to help them with the answers they need. That’s why it’s so important to master your marketing mindset now and get out of your own way.
When you unlock the marketing mindset issue, you can use all the marketing tools and strategies effectively. The mindset is the magic bullet.
The successful marketing mindset sees the possibilities and opportunities. The successful marketing mindset doesn’t sit in fear and complacency.
During times of strife, your clients and future customers need you to be the visionary for them. Now’s the time to strengthen your business and take advantage of an uncertain time that’s really an opportunity.
Again, this is where the marketing mindset comes in. It’s all on how you view a situation like a healthcare epidemic. Or a financial crisis. When things look dire, it’s the time to go for it in your business!
There is one thing about going for it. The minute you try new things and do things that make you uncomfortable, your fear, doubt, and will naturally set in. This is the stuff that’s going to stop you from implementing all the marketing tactics successfully.
When these feelings come up, it’s your brain’s “fight or flight” pattern trying to keep you safe. If you don’t overcome it, it’s going to keep you stuck. Your marketing mindset is what’s going to determine your success.
If you’re going to help clients, you’ve got to empower yourself first.
I can tell you from personal experience and working with clients that it’s almost always a mindset issue behind why the marketing isn’t working.
If you’re struggling with doubt, fear, overwhelm, or basically anything that’s stopping you from moving forward in your business, now is the time to break free.
I’ve opened my calendar up for a few slots each week for complimentary “Business Breakthrough” sessions.
In the session you can expect:
• More clarity in your business and the goals you’d like to achieve
• We’ll uncover any hidden challenges like the marketing mindset that are holding you back, and
• You’ll leave the session feeling confident, relaxed, and at ease knowing the proper tools to attract more clients and build a strong, stable business.
Click here to book your session: https://540strategies.kartra.com/calendar/Book/pNXk